1.05.2012

Challenge # 1: Moving back home...

Taking a little flashback to about 8 months ago...


This is when I graduated school and "designing my life" really began. I want to look back on this time and possibly give advice to any design student who might be in the same place I was 8 months ago and to let all of you know that you aren't alone and that everyone is going through the same thing you are right now. 


So after 3 months of searching for a job/internship before graduating school and trying to find an "affordable" place to live in Brooklyn and having no success at either I was forced to move back to upstate NY after graduation. This idea really just sucked but I had no choice. After spending two years in the big city moving back to a place with nothing to do did not make me happy. 
But...
I did it and surprisingly found this awesome internship, got a kick ass car (vw beetle) and have some cool design people to hang out with. Still not my ideal place to be but I am enjoying it for now.


For all you kids graduating college this year who are going to be moving back home my advice to you is DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! Things will work out if you make the best of them. AND on the plus side you get to save money! 


I would however advise you to not give up looking for jobs in your desired city. Go to as many interviews as you can get because you really do learn from the bad interviews. Also don't worry about "branding" yourself while you are still in school, as you can see I still haven't and I am doing just fine. 


Take a deep breath, try to relax, and focus on doing good school work as well as making your portfolio look awesome! 


Thank you for reading, more challenges will come because I have been faced with many so far. If there are any questions please ask because I feel like I forgot to mention alot of detail, like freaking out everyday before graduating and beating myself up inside about crappy interviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment